Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple
Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple , located near the bus stand at East Fort, is the city's most impressive landmark. Its 7 stored gopuram built in the 16th Century is one of the finest specimens of traditional South Indian temple architecture which reflects the Kerala influence. The temple corridors are lined with 368 sculpted stone pillars. Beautiful murals and ornamentation adorn the walls. Temple was renovated by the Maharaja of Thiruvithamcore in 1733. Only Hindus can enter the temple, wearing dhoti in a certain style.